Beitraege zur Indischen Erotik

SILK at AC.GRIN.EDU SILK at AC.GRIN.EDU
Fri Feb 10 20:43:14 UTC 1995

As a sort of related to question to my previous one about the Kamasutra,
does anyone know about, or know of discussions of, the bibliographic
history of R. Schmidt's "Beitraege zur Indischen Erotik"?  The 1st edition
of 1902 (of which I have seen an undated reprint) seems to be much longer
(by several hundred pages) than subsequent editions, none of which I have
seen.  Was the work merely reset in smaller size type, or was it
significantly revised?  The version I have seen has indices (German and
Skt.), but I have heard that subseqent editions do not have such indices.
Any information, or notes about where I might turn ?

Jonathan Silk
SILK at AC.GRIN.EDU