"Look to this day" quote

Allen Thrasher athr at loc.gov
Wed Dec 20 19:40:03 UTC 1995

George Salim, of the Near Eastern Section of the Library of Congress, has
kindly made a quick search of Gibran's THE PROPHET (there is no Gibran
concordance) and indeed has come across something very close for part of
the quote, but nothing like all of it:

    Yet the timeless in you is aware of life's timelessness,
    And knows that yesterday is but today's memory and tomorrow is
today's dream.

The Prophet. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, 1983, p. 62.

The search will continue.

Allen Thrasher