TrueType fonts w/ Sanskrit & Japanese diacritics

Enrica Garzilli garzilli at shore.net
Sun Dec 17 03:45:41 UTC 1995

Thank you.
We will put the fonts on our FTP server in the next few days.
ftp://ftp.shore.net/members/india

Dott. Enrica Garzilli
http://www.shore.net/~india/ijts/
http://www.shore.net/~india/jsaws/

On Fri, 15 Dec 1995, Jamie HUBBARD wrote:

> I have just finished up (I think) a package of TrueType fonts that
> include the diacritics needed for Sanskrit and Japanese romanization;
> these fonts are based on the MS Arial and Times New Roman fonts and
> coded according to the CS standard adopted at the 8th World Sanskrit
> Congress (Vienna, 1990); they include regular, italic, bold, and bold
> italic type faces. I have made both Windows versions and Mac suitcases
> and put them on my ftp site (jhubbard.smith.edu) for anonymous logins
> (they are in the root of the /pub directory when you log in). The files
> are:
>
>     ttskrit2.sit        a "stuffed" archive for the mac
>     ttskrit2.exe        a "self-extracting .zip file" for the pc
>
>     (A set of HP Laserjet-compatable fonts w/ WordPerfect 5.1/6.0 printer
> files, etc. is also available here as wpskrit2.exe.) My ftp site is
> flakey at best, and when I am not around to re-boot the system after a
> crash it can become unavailable, so no guarantees; I will try to keep an
> eye on it. Hopefully the benevolent folks at Indology and Coombspapers
> will grab 'em up and make them more widely accessible at their
> ftp/gopher/www sites.
>
>     I hope that these fonts help out somehow or another . . .
>

>     Jamie

"Sometimes I sit and think: why these people hate us so bad? I chalk it up
to two things: jealousy and plain ignorance!"