WEB pages updates

GRUENENDAHL GRUENEN at mail.sub.uni-goettingen.de
Fri Dec 8 11:07:39 UTC 1995

Dominik,
in connection with your message on WEB pages updates I should like to
mention that you can also access the OPAC of Goettingen University
Library.

The WWW address is:

        http:/www.uni-goettingen.de/~sub/homepage.htm

or telnet to:

        opac.sub.uni-goettingen.de
        (alternative no.: 134.76.163.12)

        username: opc              for exit enter: stp

        (whenever ENTER is required, use ENTER, not RETURN!)

or by phone via modem:

        (Germany) (0)551 / 39-9911

Although the Tuebingen collection is by far larger, especially for the
post-war period, in which Tuebingen has functioned as the federal
Special Collections Library (Sondersammelgebietsbibliothek) for South
Asia, Goettingen might also be of interest.

In theory, the Goettingen OPAC comprises ALL holdings, except for the
period from 1945 to 1977. HOWEVER: the pre-1945 data were copied from
the old folio catalogue by temporary staff untrained in Indian
languages, and have not been checked against the books. Needless to
add, there are a number of mistakes and inconsistencies. And another
qualification: the old series (Bibliotheca Indica, Bombay SPS, ChSS
Kashi SS, etc.) have only been partly converted.

Nevertheless, everybody is welcome to give it a try. I would be very
interested to hear what you think of it.

Regards

Reinhold

Reinhold Gruenendahl
Niedersaechsische Staats- und Universitaetsbibliothek
37070 Goettingen
Germany
Phone: 0551/395283