request for information

Vidyasankar Sundaresan vidya at cco.caltech.edu
Wed Aug 30 23:42:24 UTC 1995

I am looking for some information in answer to the following
questions. I would greatly appreciate any help that I can get.
Please reply to me by private email at vidya at cco.caltech.edu

1. Are there translations of the mAdhavIya Sankaravijayam other
than the one by Swami Tapasyananda of the RK Mission, Madras? How
about editions of the Skt. original w/o translation?

2. What are the various editions of the AnandagirIya that are
available? My current information indicates that there was a
Calcutta edition, dating to ~1868, of which there is supposed to be
a copy somewhere in the UK. Is this correct? There is also a 1970
edition from the U. of Madras, edited by Dr. Veezhinathan and Dr.
TMP Mahadevan. Is there an earlier Kumbhakonam edition of the
AnandagirIya? (Dating to the 19th cent.?)

3. What editions are available of the vyAsAchalIya Sankaravijayam?

4. Has anybody published the two commentaries (diNDimA of dhanapati
sUrI and advaitarAjyalakshmI of achyutarAya) to the mAdhavIya?
Where would manuscripts be available, if they have not been
published?

5. Beyond their names, is anything more known about the prAchIna or
the br.had Sankaravijayams?

Regards,

S. Vidyasankar