Poverty -Reply

Henry Groover hgroover at qualitas.com
Wed Aug 23 20:39:16 UTC 1995

I'm also curious about this.  I thought CSX encoding used sh for the first
and shh for the second.  The only table I've seen for 7-bit ICSS encoding
comes from itrans documentation by Avinash Chopde.

- Henry Groover
HGroover at Qualitas.com

>>> Mani Varadarajan <mani at srirangam.esd.sgi.com> 08/23/95
09:28pm >>>
As an aside, since when has it become standard to use "Z" for the first
"sha" (I forget its technical name) in  transliteration when diacritics are
not available? It is a most confusing convention.  Why not use "S" for
the first
"sha" and "sh" for the second? This is what I have always done, and it
has the advantage of not being visually jarring to the reader.

Mani