Critique of the West in Indic literature and society

J.B. Sharma JSHARMA at Hermes.GC.PeachNet.EDU
Thu Aug 17 16:04:37 UTC 1995

Lars Martin Fosse wrote :
 I still miss references to a more systematic and sophisticated
critique of the West and its values.

 There are several pointed cross-cultural observations along the
lines you seek in the myriad literature credited to Rajneesh. One
that stands out in my mind as being quite original is paraphrased
thus : The Western mind is concerned with the details of the patterns
of the mind whereas the Eastern mind is just concerned with getting
out of (transcending) it.

Regards,
J.B. Sharma