Sanskrit fonts

Alec McAllister ECL6TAM at lucs-01.novell.leeds.ac.uk
Fri Apr 21 09:48:06 UTC 1995

>Does anyone know if there are fonts avaliable in Devanagari, Bengali,
>Panjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Khmer and so on for Word for Windows?
>Mario
>
>maeviaro at cat.cce.usp.br

There is a freeware TrueType font for Tamil. It is called Palladam
and is available from CICA and mirror-sites, as well as other
archives. To find the nearest one to you, do an Archie search using
"palla" as the search-word.

There used to be a very nice Devanagari font on the WWW Nepali
homepage, but I pointed out that it was copyright (which the keeper
of the page did not know) and he promptly and correctly withdrew it.

He is making efforts to provide a replacement, so it is worth
checking that page from time to time.

My Hindu and Bengali colleagues keep harrassing me to produce
shareware Devanagari fonts, but I can't persuade my boss to let me
schedule the time. Can anyone lend me a gun?  :-)

Alec.

..

Alec McAllister
Arts Computing Development Officer