Torture and execution -- The Calcutta Quran petition

manu bhagavan bhagavam at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Tue Sep 27 00:29:40 UTC 1994

Look, and I am sure that I do not speak for everyone, but I for one am
sick and tired of having my mailbox clustered by these anti-Muslim,
semi-fanatic hate-orientred messages. Dileep Karanth's latest posting
about the banning of the Quran is the last straw (for me anyway).
 I think authors of such mail should keep their postings private (i.e.,
between the concerned parties of the discussion).  I am in no way trying
to hamper the free expression of thoughts, but the series of postings
over the past month have proven that...certain parties are only
interested in communicating the "hidden truth" of Indian history that
they believe Western scholars to be covering up.  Might I suggest that
these
parties READ some of the "Western" (is JNU material Western? (rhetorical,
of course)) scholarship before making erroneous judgments and leaping to
false conclusions.

Manu Bhagavan
History Graduate Student
Editor, _Sagar: South Asia Graduate Research Journal_