Aryan and Non-aryan ...

Dileep Karanth dileep at math.utexas.edu
Sun Sep 18 17:10:21 UTC 1994

On Sat, 17 Sep 1994, dom wrote:

> What I find wholly unacceptable is the "anything goes, everything is
> relative" view expressed by J. B. Sharma.  He and I have swapped views
> on this before, and I don't want to bore everyone here by regurgitating
> the discussion.  I believe that there is such a thing as extremely high
> probability regarding certain ideas and beliefs (in a Popperian sense).

	I appreciate your not boring us by regurgitating the discussion.
I would be very happy if also cultivate the habit of not inflicting your
sweeping judgments on us. J.B. Sharma has not said anything remotely
similar to "anything goes". If you think so, please prove it. Or else,
indulge in your mud-slinging in private.

> Or am I too pessimistic?
	You are being very pessimistic indeed. The faculty of buddhi
ddoes not show up in your behaviour. Or else you would not make this
network your private playground, where the only people who are free to
speak are the likes of Rosane Rocher and Richard Lariviere (who make
noise about "discrediting the discredited" and "rancid pablum" without
mustering the decency to support their slanderous accusations with facts
or even plausible explanations.)

Dileep Karanth

  Is there really a faculty of reason, a buddhi,