Asian American Policy Review -- Call for Papers

KARTHIK ANAND CHANDRAMOULI CHANDRA at ksg1.harvard.edu
Tue Oct 25 23:18:56 UTC 1994

Dr. Hawley,

Hi, I am sending this to you in hopes that you might be able to help us out.
I am on the staff of the Asian American Policy Review and we are
looking for articles for our upcoming issue on Immigration.  Enclosed
is the Call for Papers for the Asian American Policy Review.  If you
are interested, submit something.  We are accepting student
submissions.  Please pass this on to everyone you think might be
qualifed or interested, or, if you can, please send me email/call me
and put me in touch with people, even if you've only heard of/read
their work.  I would appreciate it if you could canvas your
colleagues and friends who are practitioners in these areas or
advocates for these issues.  We really need to get articles soon so
we can go to print by the end of the semester.  In any case, I'd
appreciate it if you could tell me who you send this to so we can keep
them in mind for future issues.  Thanks for the help.  Email me if
you have any questions.

MOST IMPORTANT:  WE ARE TRYING TO GET SOUTH ASIAN AMERICAN POLICY ISSUES OUT
INTO THE MAINSTREAM AND THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST WAYS TO DO IT.  IF
YOU CAN STRESS THIS TO THE SOUTH ASIANS THAT YOU KNOW, THAT WILL HELP
US TO BROADEN THE ASIAN AMERICAN POLICY REVIEW TO INCLUDE THOSE
COMMUNITIES

Karthik Chandramouli
South Asia Caucus
Kennedy School of Gov't.
Harvard University

--------------

ASIAN AMERICAN POLICY REVIEW

CALL FOR PAPERS

VOLUME 5:
A SPECIAL INVESTIGATION ON
IMMIGRATION AND THE LIFE OF IMMIGRANTS

The Asian American Policy Review is a non-partisan, academic journal devoted
to the critical examination of political, economic, and social policy
issues affecting Asian Pacific America ns.  The AAPR is produced by
graduate students at the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard Univ
ersity and the Graduate School of Public Policy at the University of
California-Berkeley.

Submissions focusing on the following issues will be given high priority:

--  social and cultural adjustment issues (domestic violence,
identity crises, assimilation, bilingualism, political empowerment)
--  health care delivery
--  welfare reform
--  affordable housing
--  primary and secondary education in underprivileged communities
--  labor
--  legal immigration issues

We are concerned with specific policy issues as well as some survey research
on broad areas of policy as they relate to recent immigrants (i.e.,
1st, 1.5, and 2nd generation APAs).  We are looking for scholarly
work but it does not have to be from the perspective of an academic.
Articles from practitioners or advocates in the community are always
encouraged.

We are also looking for articles that explore the diversity within the Asian
American group.  Articles that target specific Asian American
subgroups (e.g., Indian Americans, Vietnamese Americans, etc.) rather
than all Asian Americans as a whole would be preferred, but there is
no formal restriction.

Submissions should follow the following guidelines:

--  the paper must be ORIGINAL and UNPUBLISHED and include both a hard copy
and a copy on disk
(preferrably Microsoft Word for the Macintosh)
--  Suggested length:  8-10 pages for commentaries, 15-25 pages for articles
--  Please send us a two to three paragraph abstract of the paper ASAP,
preferrably by fax or email

Email:  chandra at ksg1.harvard.edu (contact:  Karthik Chandramouli)
Fax #:  (617) 496-9027

Asian American Policy Review
c/o John F. Kennedy School of Government
79 John F. Kennedy Street
Taubman 269
Cambridge, MA  02138
(617) 495-1311 (Office Telephone)