East Indies

nas_ng at lms420.jsc.nasa.gov nas_ng at lms420.jsc.nasa.gov
Mon Oct 17 19:50:12 UTC 1994

       Book Title on East Indies?
       ---------------------------

The following question is with me for a long time. Hope some
learned member of the group can answer this query.

I read from a book by K. Zvelebil that some Tamils who
emigrated use "cEntanAr's tiruppallANTu" during some festivals.

The book he cites is
G. K. Vanbrough, The peoples in the East Indies.
The author and title may not be very exact, though very close.

Can anybody give the exact author, title and year please?

N. Ganesan
nas_ng at lms461.jsc.nasa.gov