The Ramayana and the Mahabharata files

Madhav Deshpande mmdesh at umich.edu
Mon Nov 28 17:03:26 UTC 1994

	Finally I successfully downloaded the Ramayana and Mahabharata
files in their CSX (zip) format and was able to read them on my Mac with
diacritics using my Manjushree-CSX font.  I congratulate and thank
Professor Tokunaga for his enormous contribution to Indology.  I would
also like to thank Tom Ridgeway for converting the original files to the
CSX format.  His work has made these files immediately accessible to
those of us who use CSX compatible fonts.  Converting files from one
format to another is a major task.  With Tom presumably leaving Seattle,
I hope someone else will continue to offer this assistance, perhaps we
can volunteer David Magier.
	Madhav Deshpande