Clarification of vocabulary

SILK at AC.GRIN.EDU SILK at AC.GRIN.EDU
Tue Nov 8 04:05:33 UTC 1994

        I have just read J.B. Sharma's posting in which he attributes to me
the expressions "whining" and "Tantrums".   I  never used  such offensive
words, and am very sorry if I was understood to imply such.  I want to
distance myself thoroughly from the disrespect implied (or perhaps more
than implied!) by the use of such terms, which do NOT reflect my attitude
toward the issue or the scholars who are the authors of opinions with which
I do not necessarily agree.   I hope Dr. Sharma and others will agree that
there is a difference between honest exchange and difference of opinion and
denunciation of those with whom one does not agree as engaging in
"whining" and "Tantrums".    I sincerely apologize to any who, in addition
to Dr. Sharma, might have understood me to imply the attitude he has
attributed to me.  I repudiate it in the strongest possible terms.

Jonathan Silk
SILK at AC.GRIN.EDU