Dasakumaracarita

Dominik Wujastyk D.Wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk
Fri May 27 23:09:04 UTC 1994

Thanks are due to Lars Martin Fosse for adding another text to our swelling
archive of machine-readable Sanskrit texts.  Lars has presented selections
from the Dasakumaracarita of Dandin (chs. 3, 5, 6).

The file is available as dandin-dasakumaracarita.zip from
ftp.bcc.ac.uk:/pub/users/ucgadkw/indology.

I append some notes on the file, from Lars's readme.

Many thanks, Lars,

Dominik

========================== extract from DOC file =====================

Extracts from the Da/sakum-aracarita of Da.n.din..
Ucchv-asas 3, 5 and 6.
Edition: The Da/sakum-aracarita of Da.n.din, with a
commentary, edited by M.
R. Kale, Fourth Edition, Motilal Banarsidass 1966.

Transliteration by: Veda Varidhi P. Ramanujan
Transliteration commissioned by: Lars Martin Fosse
Proofreading by: Lars Martin Fosse

1.4. Variant readings

Variant readings have not been recorded in this
transliteration version.

2. Processing

Several programs have been utilized in the encoding of the
text. These include Word for the Macintosh, WordPerfect (PC-
version) as well as TUSTEP, the Tuebingen System of
Text--Processing Programs ("T!binger System von
Textverarbeitungs--Programmen"). By the means of TUSTEP and
the appropriate filters (TUSTEP programs written for this
purpose), you can get a printout with proper romanized
Sanskrit characters. The text can easily be converted to
other formats.

Comments can be addressed to:
Lars Martin Fosse,
Department of East European and Oriental Studies
University of Oslo
POB 1030, Blindern
0315 Oslo
Tel: +47 22 85 68 48
Fax: +47 22 85 41 40
Email: fosse at hedda.uio.no
--
Dominik Wujastyk           Phone (and voice messages): +44 71 611 8467
Wellcome Institute, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.