Fw: Indian fonts

Dominik Wujastyk D.Wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk
Wed May 18 15:47:17 UTC 1994

I thought this might be of interest.
Dominik

------------------------------

In article <94133.070032U40200 at uicvm.uic.edu>
 Tonse.N.K.Raju <U40200 at uicvm.uic.edu> writes:
>I wish to buy Kannada Fonts for IBM. Any help in this regard
>will be gretly appreciated.

For reasonably priced, good quality PostScript Type 1 or TrueType
indian language fonts contact:
    Mr. Shrikrishna Patil
    21647 Rainbow Drive
    Cupertino, CA 95014-4826

    Fax:   (408) 255 6443
    Voice: (408) 446 9144

Fonts cost from $35 to $50 each, multiple font packages are sold at a
discount. These fonts can be used in any Mac System 7.x or MS-Windows 3.x
application.

And, I can personally vouch for this 78 year old artist, in fact I am
working with him to develop some easier text-entry mechanisms for indian
languages.
Many marathi language publications in the US and Canada make use of his
fonts.
If you have any questions regarding his fonts, call him up or send me
e-mail.

And, just so this post is not full of commercial info, if you are looking
for freeware fonts, refer to the FAQs of comp.fonts and soc.culture.indian.
Telugu is available for TeX, though Kannada specifically is not.

Note: Though I am currently working with Mr. Patil, I have no commercial
interest in the sale of his fonts.
--
----
Avinash Chopde
avinash at acm.org
--
Dominik Wujastyk           Phone (and voice messages): +44 71 611 8467
Wellcome Institute, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.