Publication of "Ribhu Gita"

Stanley Rice srice at cruzio.com
Sun May 8 05:37:23 UTC 1994

[I've seen the book described in the release below. I'm
passing this on because others may just find this "Gita"
as extraordinary as I do. Let me hear, if you do!  Stan R]

** BOOK NEWS-RELEASE ** PUBLICATION OF THE "RIBHU GITA"
Translated by Dr. H. Ramamoorthy, assisted by Master Nome

- The "Ribhu Gita," a consummate work of the spirit, is now
published for the first time in English. It is an ancient, and
astonishing, description of Nondual experience and understanding.
  H.H. Sri Chandrasekharendra Sarasvati, a Sankaracharya of the
Kamakoti Pitha, has stated in glowing terms that the "Ribhu
Gita" is to the Sivarahasya as the "Bhagavad Gita" is to the
Mahabharata. The purity of the Nondual experience conveyed
is of particular interest to students in respect to the origins
of Buddhism (all forms, but particularly Ch'an/Zen) and
Christianity (especially early Gnostic.) The indubitable
authenticity of the conveyed experience of reality resembles that
in the better-known Avadhut Gita and Ashtavakra Gita.

- First-hand descriptions of the experience of Nonduality are
precious and rare. None is more powerful than this classic. Its
uncompromising declaration communicates the uninterrupted
direct experience of the Sage known as Ribhu. The language
is accessible, forceful--and points clearly beyond the limits of
time and circumstance. The Indian cultural frame, traditional
dialog between Teacher and Student, disappears into directly
penetrating insight that is absolute beyond any concept.

(Prepublication price of $20. until May 25, then $24.95)

This is the first of a series of books in the area of Indian
Advaita Vedanta from the Society of Abidance in Truth.
Send as noted below to receive future publication notices.

---------
NOTE ALSO: Sri Sankara's classic "Nirguna Manasa Puja" (Worship
of the Attributeless One in the Mind) will also be available
for the first time in English, in a new translation by Dr.
H. Ramamoorthy assisted by Master Nome. The first printing
has been shipped from India and will arrive late in July.
The price will be $5.95 retail.

>From Richard Morey, Director:
THE SOCIETY OF ABIDANCE IN TRUTH  [SAT]
Box 8080, Santa Cruz, CA 95061-8080  :  408-425-7287

[Electronic reactions to this can go to: srice at cruzio.com]

Stan Rice, Autospec Inc, srice at cruzio.com  s.rice1 at genie.geis.com