Hindi material

Frances Pritchett fp7 at columbia.edu
Wed Jul 20 12:29:02 UTC 1994

Dear colleagues,

By now I hope everyone who is interested in modern language study has
seen the several posted replies about the South Asia Gopher on
ColumbiaNet and esp. the ILM (Inventory of Language Materials) files
included in it.  We now cover a number of modern languages and hope to
add more soon--our Marathi list is in the process of being made, by
Eleanor Zelliot.  Soon we hope to have Sanskrit teaching materials listed
as well; a compilation is being made by Nadine Berardi.  With others to
come, as various volunteer editors complete their work.  We have only
recently taken the ILM lists online, after some years as a modest
hard-copy project, and there is much scope for development.
Comments, suggestions, and inquiries about the content of ILM should go to
me; about the technical computer side, queries should go to David Magier
(magier at columbia.edu).  Are there more volunteer editors out there who
would like to help with some particular language?

Frances Pritchett
fp7 at columbia.edu