Kama Sutram Manuscripts

J. Daniel White FRS00JDW at UNCCVM.UNCC.EDU
Mon Jan 31 20:28:56 UTC 1994

As I prepare to gather Kama Sutram manuscripts to produce a critical edition of
the Sanskrit text and a fresh new translation with variant text readings, I
am trying to locate variant mss. of the text.  I have identified and am now
beginning to gather all mss. listed in V. Raghuvan's CATALOGUS CATALOGORUM.
Though a few are available by photocopy and microfilm, a trip to India this
summer will be necessary to collect copies of most from Raghavan.  Do
any of you know of variant texts that are in your library collection or
elsewhere (apart from Raghuvan's list)?  I appreciate your assistance in this
process.