Hindi and Rajasthani MSS

Dominik Wujastyk D.Wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 31 11:09:32 UTC 1994

Forwarded by DW from:

        PETER G FRIEDLANDER,
        Cataloguer of Hindi manuscripts
        Wellcome Institute
        London.
        Date: Mon, 31 Jan 94

        To: ALLEN W THRASHER
        RE: HINDI AND RAJASTANI MSS ID (24 JAN 94)

Hello, regarding the manuscripts you mention  I believe they are all quite
obscure and a quick check indicates that none of these works or their
authors are in the Nagari Pracarini Sabha survey of Hindi manuscripts.

However, I have a comment regarding the work called Koka-bhusana by Josi
Jagananatha in the second manuscript.  The Wellcome collection contains a
copy of a medical work by an author of the same name which was copied in AD
1747.  As the subject of Koka might also have been a topic written on by an
author of a medical work it is possible they are by the same author.  I can
find no references to this author anywhere apart from in our manuscript.
>From the viewpoint of the history of Indian Koka sastra/medicine this might
well be an interesting manuscript.

Hope this is of some interest.
--
Dominik Wujastyk           Phone (and voice messages): +44 71 611 8467
Wellcome Institute, 183 Euston Road, London NW1 2BE.