South Asia Internet lists

Jim Cocks JACOCK01 at ULKYVM.LOUISVILLE.EDU
Wed Feb 23 21:06:34 UTC 1994

Hi Haines,

You've probably had all the answers to your Indology query that you
want :-)  I pass this on just in case.

Cheers,
 Jim Cocks

>BUDDHIST at JPNTOHOK.         Indian and Buddhist Studies  [not
>           sure this node functions as listserver]
>                BUDDHIST at JPNTUVM0      (peer)    [list functional as of 2-94]

 JPNTUVM0 functions as the listserver for BUDDHIST.

>INDIA at PCCVM.               The India List.  [? Not at PCCVM 2-94.
>           Defunct?][a sub request forwarded to Listserv at cunyvm,
>           where it apparently died.]

 This list is active at CUNYVM.  I had no trouble subscribing
 just now.

>INDIA-D at vm.temple.edu.    (bitnet: TEMPLEVM)  The India
>           News and Discussion
>INDIA-D at UKCC.uky.edu.      India News and Discussion Network

 INDIA-D is the digest version of INDIA-L.  The list is peered
 with peer nodes  TEMPLEVM, UKCC, UTARLVM1

>INDIA-L at UKCC.       uky.edu.  India News Network
>INDIA-L at vm.temple.edu.    (bitnet:  TEMPLEVM)  India News
>           Network [are these three lists peers?]
>INDIA-L at UTARLVM1.         India interest list

 INDIA-L is peered at TEMPLEVM, UKCC, UTARLVM1

>PAKISTAN at asuvm.inre.asu.edu.  (bitnet: ASUACAD).  Pakistan News
>           Service
>PAKISTAN at PSUVM.psu.edu.   Pakistan News Service [are these
>           two lists peers?]

 Yes, PAKISTAN is peered at ASUACAD and PSUVM  which have as
 Internet addresses  asuvm.inre.asu.edu  and  psuvm.psu.edu

>INDIANWS at PCCVM.           (journal) The India List (NeWS) [no
>           longer at PCCVM 2-94; defunct?]

 I can find no listing for INDIANWS at PCCVM.

 There is also the academic discussion list for Buddhist issues,
 BUDDHA-L, housed here at ulkyvm.louisville.edu  or  its BITNET
 node  ULKYVM.