Tejodhatu

Terence Hays GOTOHAYS at MACC.WISC.EDU
Thu Feb 3 19:39:00 UTC 1994

---------------------------Original message----------------------------
Nathan Katz, in his book entitled Buddhist Images Of Human Perfection,
has made reference to two occurrences of the term "tejodhatu" in early
Buddhist literature (Majjhima Nikaya III.127-128 and its commentary
MA.IV.196).

1. Can someone give me the full sitation of the commentary to
   M.III.127-128.

2. Is anyone aware of other primary Indian sources, Buddhist or otherwise,
   which mention this term?  I would also be interested to know if any
   secondary literature exists concerning the "tejodhatu".

Thanks in advance,
Terence Hays