South Asian languages/SummerSanskrit programs

WITZEL at HUSC3.HARVARD.EDU WITZEL at HUSC3.HARVARD.EDU
Sun Dec 18 02:35:13 UTC 1994

Dear Frances,
thank you for your reminder about the Summer SANSKRIT some weeks ago. I
have now decided to teach it myself, again, as in the past few years.
The details will follow. Typically they include something like the
following:

: Session c. June 26-Aug. 18;
Meets Monday- Thursday each afternoon 3.30-6 p.m.
8 unit course, tuition (last year) $ 2500 (some assistance available for
High School students only).
If desired, on Campus housing (last summer) $ 2080.
>From last year's Catalogue: ELEMENTARY SANSKRIT:
stresses learning the Devanagari script, basic grammar, and essential
vocabulary. Emphasis is given to correct translation of passages from
simple narrative literature and the epics...

I will send the details for the Columbia gopher as soon as they are ready
here.

Best wishes for 1995!
Yours Michael

<M.Witzel, Chair, Sanskrit Dept, Harvard U., ph. 617-495 3295, fax 496 8571>

Date: Sun, 18 Dec 1994 00:08:59 -0500
From: edeltraud harzer clear <eclear at bronze.ucs.indiana.edu>
To: indology at liverpool.ac.uk
Subject: querry about Sayana, etc.

Members of the list,
		     does anybody know of any recent
information about Sayana, Madhava and Vidyaranya?  Is
it one person or two or three?  Thank you. Edeltraud.