Buddhist and Pali Studies scholar Available

sisira.jayasinghe at sdrc.com sisira.jayasinghe at sdrc.com
Mon Aug 15 12:12:53 UTC 1994

Forwarded message:
>From owner-slnet-real-arthur at cs.purdue.edu  Sat Aug 13 23:44:57 1994
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 94 12:09:11 est
To: Sri Lanka Net <slnet at sparcy.stanford.edu>
From: "Professor O'Religion" <COZORT at dickinson.edu> (Dan Cozort)
Subject: Lily de Silva

Lily de Silva, professor and head of the department of Buddhist and Pali
Studies at the University of Peradeniya in Kandy, Sri Lanka, and an old friend
of mine, has asked me to pass on the word that she would welcome a year or
semester appointment at a north American college/university.  She is an
excellent scholar and teacher who has taught previously in the U.S. at UPenn,
Harvard, Bates, Franklin & Marshall, and Dickinson College.  She has also taught
American college students for ten years in the Intercollegiate Sri Lanka
Education (ISLE) program, a consortial program that includes Bates, Bowdoin,
Carleton, etc.  I have a copy of her curriculum vitae that I would be happy to
copy for anyone who would like it.  She taught here at Dickinson in the spring
term of 1991 under a special program for international scholars.  If your
institution has such a program, it might be a relatively easy way to hire her.
She was well-liked as a teacher and stimulating as a colleague.
	She will be retiring from the University of Peradeniya in December,
1994, but until then can be written at: 28/3 Old Galaha Road, Peradeniya, Sri
Lanka.  If you wish to contact her by telephone or fax, try the ISLE program
at 011-94-8-22140 (tel) or 011-94-8-32343 (fax).

Sisira Jayasinghe                         sisira.jayasinghe at sdrc.com
Sr. Technical Development Engineer
Structural Dynamics Research Corporation
2000 Eastman Dr. Milford OH 45150 USA