Panjab Notes and Queries

Louis Fenech lfenech at epas.utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 10 19:11:01 UTC 1994

Dear Fellow Netters,

	I am trying to talk the Centre for South Asian Studies at the
University of Toronto into purchasing microfilmed copies of a series of
journals published in the mid to late nineteenth century.  The names of
these are as follows:  Panjab Notes and Queries (1883-85 ... I think) as
well as North Indian Notes and Queries.  I have a strong feeling
that the Centre will indeed buy these, however, the Interlibrary Loan
Office has been unable to locate copies of these two publications.  Would
any of your respective institutions carry copies of the journal(s) and if
so would they be willing to microfilm them?  Any information will be
greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Lou Fenech
Lfenech at epas.utoronto.ca

Contact Prof. Gudrun Buehnemann at UW in Madison, Wisconsin.
She had been working in that particular area. She might be
able to direct you.  As far as I know she is not on this
mailing list.  You may have to use snail mail.  Edeltraud.

> 	I am trying to talk the Centre for South Asian Studies at the
> University of Toronto into purchasing microfilmed copies of a series of
> journals published in the mid to late nineteenth century.  The names of
> these are as follows:  Panjab Notes and Queries (1883-85 ... I think) as
> well as North Indian Notes and Queries.  I have a strong feeling
> that the Centre will indeed buy these, however, the Interlibrary Loan
> Office has been unable to locate copies of these two publications.  Would
> any of your respective institutions carry copies of the journal(s) and if
> so would they be willing to microfilm them?  ....

  The Nehru Memorial Museum and Library in New Delhi has already
filmed the title for Oct. 1883 through Sept. 1886.  Either Toronto
could purchase the film from the Nehru or Krishan Khera, Toronto's
representative to the South Asia Microform Project (SAMP), could have
the title be purchased by SAMP as a discretionary acquisition.

James Nye            jnye at midway.uchicago.edu            312-702-8430