Construction methods for the Sri Yantra

gheil at cs.washington.edu gheil at cs.washington.edu
Sat Apr 16 21:08:41 UTC 1994

Dominik

Thanks, I was just searching through a general periodical index
and found:

Tahta, dick (The mathematical gazette. 03/01/92)
On the geometry of the sri yantra
MAR 01 1992 v 76 n 475 p 49-60

I will trundle over to the Math library soon on this one! In
general I find Math to be a poorly cataloged subject, on line at
least. Nearest index I could think of was INSPEC which apparently
does not cover this journal.

Rory Fonseca also seems concerned with the pyramids. He cites
himself:

The geometry of Zoser's Step Pyramid at Saqqara
Rory Fonseca.
Journal Society of Architectural Historians
1986 Dec v45 n4 p333-338

(which is not available here) in his Sri Yantra article:

Constructive Geometry and the Sri-Cakra Diagram
Rory Fonseca
Religion (Academic Pr) v16p33 1986

Does anyone have Fonseca's or Tahtas EMail address?

-Greg Heil