Unofficial Job Announcement

Robert A. Hueckstedt hueckst at CC.UManitoba.CA
Tue Apr 5 13:52:32 UTC 1994

We are looking for a qualified person to replace me for the 1994-95
academic year (September-April).  I usually teach 5 year-long courses, two
levels of Sanskrit, two levels of Hindi-Urdu, and a South Asian
Civilization course.  I am not sure that you will be required to do all
that, but if you can, you will be strongly urged to.  The pay will
probably be low, depending on qualifications, and realize that the
Canadian dollar is now seven-tenths of the U.S. dollar.  There will
probably be no money for moving expenses, there is a chance that the
Faculty Association here will go on strike in the fall, and the winters
here are unbelievably cold.  Now that I've made it so attractive, if you
wish to be considered, send a CV and a letter immediately to Dr. Klaus
Klostermaier, Director of the Asian Studies Centre, 328 Fletcher Argue
Building, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2, Canada, or
fax him at (204) 275-3781.
All I know about this opening I have written in this note, so any messages
to me for more information will be useless.
Best wishes,
Bob Hueckstedt