Yoga-suutra text

aklujkar at unixg.ubc.ca aklujkar at unixg.ubc.ca
Tue Nov 30 02:17:12 UTC 1993

This is in response to the request fromGreg Heil (gheil at cs.washington.edu)
for Yoga-suutra text. I do not have a transliterated version but I do have
a computerized version in Naagarii. I prepared it as a test text for the
dot-matrix  printer  fonts for Macintosh which I was developing in early
1985. I wanted a short text that was truly representative of India and the
intellectual achievements of the Sanskrit tradition -- the latter
consideration mainly because the text to be printed was going to be the
first or one of the first texts to be  printed in its entirety in Naagarii
with the help of a computer.

If anyone wishes to turn the Naagarii version into a transliterated Roman
version, I am willing to share it.

Ashok Aklujkar, Professor, Department of Asian Studies, University of B.C.,
Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6T 1Z2. Tel: (604) 822-5185, (604) 274-5353. Fax
822-8937.