Sanskrit and translation studies

carlo della casa giuseppe at imiucca.csi.unimi.it
Thu Nov 18 21:58:40 UTC 1993

I would like to know if there is any specific bibliography on the subject of
Sanskrit and translation studies, in other words if anyone has critically ana-
lysed or discussed the very special aspects involved in the translation of
Sanskrit, especially epic and kavya, in modern European languages. The area of
translation studies does indeed include poetic translation among its subsets, althoug
though I must confess my own bibliography stops with de Beaugrande; and I was
just wondering whether anyone has ever tackled this re. Sanskrit.
Sorry if this note looks tautological, but I haven't yet discovered how to al-
ter lines that have already been written.
Alex Passi
giuseppe at imiucca.csi.unimi.it