New South Asia Journal

Angelina M. Whitford whitford at ccwf.cc.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 1 17:02:06 UTC 1993

     ____Sagar:  South Asia Graduate Research Journal____

The University of Texas Center for Asian Studies and its graduate
students studying South Asia are pleased to announce the launching of
a journal of South Asian studies.  The journal will be divided into
two sections.  One section will showcase exceptional graduate student
articles.  The other will highlight faculty and graduate research
methodology and reports from the field, and will include occasional
book reviews.  The first issue will be published in the last spring of
1994 and biannually thereafter.  The journal will be available in both
electronic and bound editions.

Members of our editorial collective include:  Ali Asani, Richard
Barnett, Manu Bhagavan, James Brow, Paul Courtright, Don Davis,
Chandra DeSilva, Nicholas Dirks, Diana Eck, Wilhelm Halbfass, Robert
Hardgrave, Syed Akbar Hyder, Atul Kohli, Pauline Kolenda, Janice
Leoshko, Wm. Roger Louis, David Pinault, Paula Richmond, Richard
Salomon, Sagaree Sengupta, Nikhil Sinha, Cynthia Talbot, Thomas
Trautmann, Angelina Whitford, and Eleanor Zelliot.

We are now accepting both submissions and subscriptions.  For more
information, email us at sagrj at emx.cc.utexas.edu

To subscribe to the electronic edition of the journal, send an email
message with a blank subject line to majordomo at bongo.cc.utexas.edu
with the one line message "subscribe sagar-journal".

The bound edition of the journal is available with a yearly
subscription fee of $16 U.S.

For further information, please contact us in any of the following
ways.
	Email:	sagrj at emx.cc.utexas.edu
	Phone:	(512) 471-5811
	Fax:	(512) 471-4469
	Snail-mail:	Sagar:  South Asia Graduate Research Journal
			Center for Asian Studies
			University of Texas
			Campus Mail Code 59300
			Austin, TX  78712-1194  USA

> From KHARE at csvaxe.csuohio.edu 1 93 Nov EST 13:49:00
Does anybody know of any books published on the Indien Freikorps, and ....of any anti-British activities during the Second World War? If yes where can I buy/borrow them? Are there any LISTS/Discussion Digests on WW 2 on the Net? Khare

> From mehta at kc235-2.mgmt.purdue.edu 1 1993 Nov U 14:13:13
Agehanada Bharati's autobiography, the Ochre Robe, has a section on his
activities in the Freikorps.

Shailendra.