New bookstore online! (Internet abuse)

Dominik Wujastyk D.Wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk
Fri May 7 12:04:46 UTC 1993

In Message Thu, 06 May 93 18:29:41 BST, calibanj at aol.com writes:

>CALIBAN  Just a short note to introduce ourselves.  We are a
>rare and antiquarian bookstore specializing in poetry, modern first editions,
>art, philosophy, religion, Western PA history, and antiquarian travel.
>Many out of print titles.  Top dollar paid for scholarly books in all
>fields.

The rules governing the use of the Internet are very strict in forbidding
any commercial use of the net, *especially advertising*.  While the above
message may be interesting and useful, it could get us all into a lot
of trouble.  INDOLOGY might have to close down.

So please, be careful about this sort of thing.  There are ways of
mentioning commercial services and products en passant which let
everyone know about them without blatantly advertising.

Dominik
Dominik Wujastyk                                  d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk
                                                       +44 71 611 8467