CSX questions

Michael Everson EVERSON at IRLEARN.UCD.IE
Mon Jun 28 17:29:17 UTC 1993

After some confusion I managed to download the specifications to
the CS and CSX code pages. I don't have a TeX reader so I had to
guess a bit about some of the formatting, but it was legible enough.
What I want to do is make a Macintosh font I can use to prepare
text files in a format which will be acceptable on many formats;
so here's my question: since the characters in PC page 437 have
different values than on the Mac code page (location of German
SHARP S is different, for instance), I'm wondering if a utility
like Apple File Exchange doesn't remap PC and Mac text somewhat
so that E-ACUTE remains E-ACUTE across the code pages. So when
I make a Mac CS/CSX compatible font, do I just follow the
layout given here, or do I remap? Is this clear? Is there a
Mac implementation already of CS?

Michael Everson
School of Architecture, UCD; Richview, Clonskeagh; Dublin 14; E/ire
Phone: +353 1 706-2745  Fax: +353 1 283-8908  Home: +353 1 478-2597