Indic Sorting Report Sought

Dominik Wujastyk D.Wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 10:46:57 UTC 1993

To: Jim Agenbroad

Re: Indic sorting

I do not know of the report you mention.

But you might be interested to know that I developed a sorting program for
Devanagari.  It works with source files originally created with
Multi-Lingual Scholar and runs on a PC.  It is possible that depending on
the nature of your source files it might be of use to you.  I could send
you more details if you are interested. Devanagari sort order is dependent
on the language also, as Hindi, Rajasthani, Marathi and Nepali have
slightly different sort orders.fsf regards,

Peter Friedlander

[Forwarded by DW]
--
Dominik Wujastyk           Phone (and voice messages): +44 71 611 8467