Sir John Woodroffe

Dominik Wujastyk D.Wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Feb 10 17:36:49 UTC 1993

In Message Wed, 10 Feb 93 03:38:55 GMT, BGPK000 <BGPK at MUSICB.MCGILL.CA> writes:

>To all Indologists,
>
>     I am doing research for my MA thesis at McGill University.
>The title of the thesis is "The Contribution of Sir John
>Woodroffe to the Study of Tantra".  I would appreciate any help
>or advice anyone could offer.  For example:

Dear Lowell,

At SOAS in London, Cathleen Taylor has been researching Sir John Woodroffe,
and the Arthur Avalon question.  She has solved this very interesting
question (to my satisfaction at least) after extensive research in Calcutta,
and the discovery of documents, and indeed members, of the family of
the Indian scholar with whom Woodroffe worked.  The whole matter of her
discovery is fascinating and was presented at one of the Hindu Studies
Seminars at SOAS last year.  Cathleen's paper will be published in a book
of collected papers from that seminar series currently being edited by
Julia Leslie.

Cathleen can be reached by post c/o the History Dept., SOAS, Thornhaugh
Street, Russell Square, London WC1H 0XG, or by phone at +44 71 381 1168.

Dominik
Dominik Wujastyk                                  d.wujastyk at ucl.ac.uk
                                                       +44 71 611 8467