Copper head of Vasishtha?

Harry Falk FALK at ibm.ruf.uni-freiburg.de
Fri Feb 5 11:45:09 UTC 1993

if I recall it properly the head was subject of a question on this list
about a year ago, the question was put by Johannes Bronkhorst. The head
is shown in an article by probably the same author Dom mentions in one
of the latest issues of the Journal of Indo-European Studies (JIES). I am
not an art historian, but dating this thing earlier than the beginning of
the current millennium would be absurd. It is quite some time now I read
the JIES article, but I still remember the reaction: the author(s) is
either completety out of his mind or an impostor. The complete lack of
secondary literature in the article and the (seemingly) false claim to
have a reputed institute (does it exist, Peter?) backing his datings make
the second solution more likely.
Harry