SOAS ceases all publications and cancels Linguistics!

ANNA MORPURGO DAVIES MORPURGO at UK.AC.OXFORD.VAX
Thu May 21 12:06:00 UTC 1992

Dear Dominik,
The SOAS story seems unbelievable. I have just checked it
with colleagues in the linguistics department and it is
true. They are going to have a meeting with Director for
the first time today (thursday) at 5.  The department, as
far as I can see, was never consulted about any of the
decisions nor indeed given any reason for them.
There will have to be a series of concerted letters of protest.
Would you like to forward your letter to the LINGUIST,
a bulletin board based in the USA which has wide circulation
among linguists ?    Anna