Velthuis Devanagari fonts for Macintosh TeX (OzTeX)

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UK.AC.UCL
Mon Jul 20 09:39:58 UTC 1992

--- Forwarded mail from Stephen Miller <STEPHEN at uk.ac.oxford.vax>

>From local.general.uktex Sun Jul 19 22:58:11 1992
Date:    Fri, 17 Jul 92 11:34:00 +0000
From: Stephen Miller <STEPHEN at uk.ac.oxford.vax>
Subject: Velthuis Devanagari fonts for OzTeX

The Velthuis Devanagari fonts are now available for use with OzTeX: the
pre-processor was compiled by Peter Robinson from the "Computers and
Manuscripts" project and many thanks are due to him for this task. The
manual accompanying the fonts/pre-processor is available as an OzTeX DVI
file.

The pre-processor has been used on the test file with success: it has not
however been subjected to a more lengthy test--feedback welcome. Send it
to me and not to the list please.

Stephen Miller
stephen at uk.ac.oxford.vax

------------------------------

            { I've copied this into the UK TeX Archive in
       [tex-archive.mac.oztex.contrib]devanagari09.hqx  --Ed.}

       Details of the UK TeX Archive and UK TeX User Group
       services are as follow:

                       UK TeX ARCHIVE at ASTON UNIVERSITY
                              >>>  UK.AC.TEX  <<<

                  *** Interactive and file transfer access ***
           JANET: Host: uk.ac.tex, Username: public, Password: public
                              (DTE 000020120091)
                    Internet: host tex.ac.uk [134.151.40.18]
               For telnet access, login: public, password: public
      For anonymous ftp, login: anonymous, password: <your-e-mail-address>

                              *** Mail server ***
                    Send mail to TeXserver at uk.ac.tex (JANET)
                   or TeXserver at tex.ac.uk (rest of the world)
                   with message body containing the word HELP

\section FILES OF INTEREST

    [tex-archive]00readme.txt
    [tex-archive]00directory.list        [tex-archive]00directory.size
    [tex-archive]00directory_dates.list  [tex-archive]00last30days.files
    [tex-archive.doc]TeX-FAQ.txt    (Frequently Asked Questions list)
    [tex-archive.doc]FAQ-Supplement-*.txt    (FAQ supplement)

\section DIGESTS

    This year's UKTeX back issues are stored in the archive in directory
      [tex-archive.digests.uktex.92]
    This year's TeXhax back issues are stored in the archive in directory
      [tex-archive.digests.texhax.92]
      Latest TeXhax: V92 #14
    TeXMaG back issues are stored in the archive in directory
      [tex-archive.digests.tex-mag]
      Latest TeXMaG: V5N3

\section MEDIA DISTRIBUTIONS
    Postal addresses are given below.

\subsection Washington Unix TeX distribution tape
    Latest copy of May/June 1991 contains:
    TeX 3.14, LaTeX 2.09, Metafont 2.7, plus many utilities
    suitable for Unix 4.2/4.3BSD & System V
    tar format, 1600bpi, blockfactor 20, 1 file (36Mb)

    Copies available on:
       One 2400ft 0.5" tape sent to Aston with return labels AND return postage
   OR
       One Quarter-Inch Cartridge, QIC-120 or QIC-150 format (DC600A or DC6150)
       sent with envelope AND stamps for return postage to Nottingham
         (Due to currency exchange, this service is offered only within the UK)

\subsection VMS tapes
    VMS backup of the archive requires three 2400ft tapes at 6250bpi.
    VMS backup of TeX 2.991 plus PSprint requires one 2400ft tape.

\subsection Exabyte 8mm tapes
    Same contents available as 0.5" tapes.
    Following tape types available: SONY Video 8 cassette P5 90MP,
    MAXELL Video 8 cassette P5-90, TDK Video 8 cassette P5-90MPB

\section TeX IMPLEMENTATIONS FOR SMALL COMPUTERS

\subsection OzTeX V1.4 (for Macintosh)
    Send 7 UNFORMATTED 800K disks to Aston with return postage.

\subsection emTeX (for OS/2, PC-DOS and MS-DOS)
    The complete package (3.5" High density disk format ONLY)
    is available from Aston at a cost of 15 pounds sterling,
    including documentation, disks, post and packing (DO NOT SEND DISKS):
      specify Set A.
    Additional utilities including DVIPS, 5 pounds sterling:  specify Set B.
    FLI files for FX, 5 pounds sterling:  specify Set C.
    FLI files for P6M, 5 pounds sterling:  specify Set D.

    For general enquiries, and a free catalogue detailing other disk
    formats, precompiled fonts and lots of other goodies, contact:
    Eigen PD Software, P.O. Box 722, Swindon SN2 6YB  (tel: 0793-611270)
    (JANET e-mail address: kellett at uk.ac.cran.rmcs)

\subsection TeX for the Atari ST
    All enquiries for disks etc. should be directed to:
    The South West Software Library, P.O. Box 562, Wimborne, Dorset BH21 2YD
    (JANET e-mail address: mdryden at uk.co.compulink.cix)

\section POSTAGE RATES
    All prices in Pounds Sterling.
    For Aston orders, make cheques payable to Aston University.

    0.5" tapes: UK: 2.50 (one tape),  5.00 (two tapes).
            Europe: 5.00 (one tape),  9.00 (two tapes).
            Outside Europe please enquire.
    8mm tapes:
            UK: 1.00,  Europe: 2.00.
    Quarter-inch cartridges:
            UK: 1.00,  Europe: 2.00.
    Diskettes:
    Quantity/Size   Europe   World    UK 1st   UK 2nd
      18/3.5"        3.10     5.10     1.40     1.10
      11/3.5"        1.80     2.90     0.80     0.65
      18/5.25"       1.20     2.00     0.60     0.50
      11/5.25"       0.80     1.30     0.50     0.35

\section POSTAL ADDRESSES
    Please include SELF-ADDRESSED ADHESIVE LABELS for return postage.

    Peter Abbott
    Information Systems, Aston University, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET

    David Osborne
    Cripps Computing Centre, University of Nottingham, Nottingham NG7 2RD
    (for Quarter-inch cartridges ONLY -- must include stamps for return postage)

\section UK TeX USERS GROUP

    For details, contact:
    Geeti Granger, Text Processing Dept, John Wiley & Sons,
    Baffins Lane, Chichester, W Sussex PO19 1UD  (tel: 0243 770329)
 or David Penfold, Edgerton Publishing Services,
    30 Edgerton Road, Edgerton, Huddersfield HD3 3AD (tel: 0484 519462)

\bye

--- End of forwarded message from Stephen Miller <STEPHEN at uk.ac.oxford.vax>