new ftp site for relevant files

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UK.AC.UCL
Fri Jul 10 09:48:14 UTC 1992

I'm pleased to announce that the local computer authorities
on my base machine, the Bloomsbury Computing Consortium Time-Sharing
System, have now established a public directory for anonymous ftp.
I have been given my own corner of this directory, called .../ucgadkw.

Indologists:
I have placed the Sanskrit text files of Panini, Asvaghosa and
Varahamihira in the directory pub/users/ucgadkw/indology
as ZIP files.  These are the original versions of the files, as
stored at the Liverpool LISTSERV, not the CSXified versions
stored in the Washington black box.  Do you think I should
store both versions?  In general, how should we deal with
multiple versions?  Don't forget to use binary mode to ftp them.

TeXnicians:
I have placed the latest version of EDMAC, the critical edition
typesetting package for TeX, in the directory pub/users/ucgadkw/edmac.
This is version 3.0, which is more up-to-date than the version
on the Newcastle mailbase system.  You will also find a ZIP file
contributed by Wayne Sallivan called edstanza.zip which contains
a documented EDMAC style file for typesetting poetry in stanzas
which may have wrapped lines which shouldn't get added line numbers.
(Thanks, Wayne.)  Again, these are ZIP files; transfer in binary mode.

The network address of this machine is ftp.bcc.ac.uk, but the
setup is so new that the address may not work immediately.  Please
don't expect success for a few days.

I'm going away now, until 14th August, so napoo from me for a while.

Best wishes,

and apologies to Indologists for the unwanted EDMAC information,
and to the TeXnicians for the unwanted Sanskrit information!

Dominik