Sanskrit Syntax Sangha

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UK.AC.UCL
Fri May 24 11:25:06 UTC 1991

With regard to the Sanskrit Syntax discussion, I am interested in the
material, but pressure of work prevents me from participating
actively.  What I *would* like, however, is the opportunity to read
through the group's exchanges after a few months.  Do you think that
one of you (Richard?) could keep a copy of each message, with the
permission of the participants, and make the "archive" available to me,
and other interested INDOLOGY members, after a while, on a periodic
basis?

I don't think this will entail much effort, and you would probably want
to keep a copy of the exchanges anyway.

Another possibility is that you could upload the file(s) to the INDOLOGY
listserv system.  It does have such a capability.  I.e., you would deposit
a copy of the file at Liverpool, and any other INDOLOGY member could
send email to listserv at liverpool ordering a copy to be sent to them
personally.  (This is already the case with the INDOLOGY exchanges,
by the way.)

Incidentally, for what it's worth, I concur completely with Richard's
proposal about how to represent Sanskrit in plain ASCII (hardly
surprising, since I had some input into Fran's scheme when he was
working it out).

Best wishes,

Dominik