Welcome to the new INDOLOGY list.

Dominik Wujastyk ucgadkw at UK.AC.UCL
Fri Nov 23 09:47:58 UTC 1990

This is -- I believe -- the first message of human origin to be posted
to the new INDOLOGY discussion list.  (You will have received a
standard, introductory message, explaining some of the technical
workings of this system; it is very straightforward in normal use.)

So may I welcome you warmly to this new forum, and encourage you to
contribute your thoughts, queries, answers, observations, and
announcements relating to Indology.

A very useful theme might be for members to issue notices of texts that
they have in machine readable form.  In order to make it easy to find
such notices amongst the other INDOLOGY messages, as they begin to
accumulate, may I suggest that we use a standard phrase such as
"Machine readable text: ..." in the "Subject:" field of such messages?

Best wishes,

Dominik