[INDOLOGY] looking for horses

Vanessa Sasson V.Sasson at marianopolis.edu
Fri May 29 15:50:38 EDT 2020

Dear colleagues,

I am looking for a book chapter that I am hoping someone might have digitized. It is the following:

Leshnik, Lawrence S. ‘The Horse in India.’ In Symbols, Subsistence and Social Structure: The Ecology of Man and Animal in South Asia, edited by Franklin C. Southworth. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania, South Asia Regional Studies, 1977-78.

I am also wondering if anyone knows of research focused on the horse, Uccaiḥśravas, that emerged from the churning of the ocean.

With best wishes,

Vanessa R. Sasson
Religious Studies
Marianopolis College