[INDOLOGY] Origin of 'Vedas are nitya apaurusheya'

Dean Michael Anderson eastwestcultural at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 6 16:34:34 EST 2019

 Thanks to everyone for the fascinating discussion.

The topic is, as I expected, much more nuanced than the common modern use of the term.
Gratefully yours,
Dean

On Monday, November 4, 2019, 7:05:36 AM CST, Dean Michael Anderson <eastwestcultural at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Does anyone know the origin of the term and concept that the Vedas are "nitya apaurusheya", eternal and uncreated by humans?
I have heard it might have originated in Karma Mimamsa.
Also, any information about how it was conceived, discussed and debated would be appreciated.