INDOLOGY Digest, Vol 34, Issue 19

Birendra Nath Prasad birendra176 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 19 23:48:48 EST 2015

One may also see my paper titled “Brahmanical Temples, Maṭhas, Agrahāras and a Buddhist Establishment in a Marshy and Forested Periphery of Two ‘Frontier’ States: Early Mediaeval Surma Valley (Sylhet and Cachar), c. 600 CE–1100 CE”. This paper was published in Religions of South Asia, Vol. 6, no.1 , 2012. Religions of South Asia is an international peer-reviewed journal, published by Equinox Publications, London. This paper analyses the complex pattern of interaction between religion, agrarian expansion , detribalisation and the evolution of a local state in the most forested and marshiest part of early medieval Bengal.
Abstract of the paper may be seen at https://journals.equinoxpub.com/index.php/ROSA/article/view/10764

Birendra Nath Prasad
Asstt. Professor, History
BB Ambedkar University