Vicious Debate

Bijoy Misra bmisra at FAS.HARVARD.EDU
Wed Dec 2 08:06:18 EST 1998

Again disclaiming proficiency on the subject,
I would only say that the evidence does not
seem to be clear on various propagated
hypotheses.  The "hindutva" people have
a political obligation (I think)
to counter any nationalistic harm done by
"anti-hindutva"  elements.  Political debates
should have  a different forum, since their
strategy is short-term.

Ed Bryant gives a public lecture at Harvard on Dec 12.
The title is "The Indo-Aryan Migration Debate".
More on this is at http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~sanskrit/outreach.html
Scholarly debates to concisely present evidence and
provide analytic reasoning are utterly desirable.
We need a lot of facts though..  Looks to me
that all the facts aren't in yet..

If you are in the area, do join us on Dec 12.

Bijoy Misra