Abhishekam in ancient Jaina literature
skjain at server.uwindsor.ca
Wed Feb 15 21:51:56 EST 1995
Abhisheka Query - contd. Part II
Further to my earlier posting on the above mentioned subject...
wherein I mentioned ...
>I am writing a paper on the ritual of _abhishekam_ amongst the
>Jains. Instructions for this ritual, I am told, are laid down
>in the *abhishekam path* of Abhiyanandi and Meghanandi (?), but
>I have not been able to locate the exact citations.
I wonder if any of the Indology readers can help me locate passages from
the above authors and any of the following citations:
1. Divyan nhahyan... Kundkunda, __Chaityabhakti__
2. Khirdhisalilpuridi kanchan kalasihn addhsahahsehin|
Deva Jinabhisayam mahavibhudiykunvati||
Acharya Yativrishabh, verse 584
3 Ahimseh vandana. Dvasena, _Kritikaram_, verse 1092
4. Abhishekamahnitya(nam)... Nrinderasena, _Sidhantasara_, verse 6
5. Jinabhishekhasatpatr... Jinasena, _Adipurana_, verses 49, 81.
6. Jalarjinpatin bahuahabhisinche... Abheyanandi, _Abhishekam Path_,
7. Shudhodekan Jinpatehtavpadyogatah... Meghanandi, _Abhishekapath_
8. Krtavayabhishekha manihiyatam... Jayasena, _Pritishtapath_, verse
9. Saranbhinahavnaiyije savaj bhanthi|
Dansutehi vinasiyu ithuna kayubhanti|| 
10. Natvamuhirnirjakare ramritopmaye,
Svachhe Jinendratav chanderkaravdate|
Dahesithan jalknan parimarjayami|| (14)
The above quotations have been gathered from a Hindi source, which
does not provide any bibliographical details.
I would appreciate any help in this matter.
More information about the INDOLOGY