Artur,

I thought I had posted the suggestion you contact the chancery of the Archbishop-Patriarch of Goa, but I don't see my message so perhaps it got lost. Anyway, the archdiocese has a website < http://www.archgoadaman.org/ > and a directory of offices so one can pick which to approach first < http://www.archgoadaman.org/content/diocesan-bodies >.

Good luck,

Allen






On Monday, February 6, 2017 1:21 PM, Artur Karp via INDOLOGY <indology@list.indology.info> wrote:


Dear Colleagues,

Is it possible that no one on the List has access to Konkani descriptions of the Goan Basilica do Bom Jesus?

With sad regards, 

Artur Karp

2017-01-31 10:15 GMT+01:00 Artur Karp <karp@uw.edu.pl>:
Dear List, 

I am involved in the preparation of the supplement to the Official List of Polish Geographical Names of the World - already published in 2005, by the Head Office of Geodesy and Cartography (Główny Urząd Geodezji i Kartografii), Warsaw, Poland -  and accessible at: 

 
The supplement  - planned to be published as the Official List of Polish Names of Historical Monuments and Buildings of the World - is  to include formal names of selected important South Asian historical buildings/monuments; a provisional, not yet completed list, is accessible at:


Usually, I do not have problems in locating the formal, official names of geographical objects in India. 

The Basílica do Bom Jesus, however,  eludes me. What I come across is Borea Jezuchi Bajilika, as at:


Since the presumably Konkani name is already a transliteration, it cannot  serve as the basis for precise transliteration and the Polish transcription. 

What I need are VERY FORMAL names of the Basilica - both in Hindi and Konkani - such as those formally used and published in the Indian Catholic Church sources. 

If you would give me the names as they are written in Devanagari, I could easily transliterate them - using myself the ISO 15919 rules of Romanization. 

Thank you in advance for your kind help, 

Artur Karp (ret.) 
South Asian Studies Dept. 
University of Warsaw
Poland


_______________________________________________
INDOLOGY mailing list
INDOLOGY@list.indology.info
indology-owner@list.indology.info (messages to the list's managing committee)
http://listinfo.indology.info (where you can change your list options or unsubscribe)