[INDOLOGY] The India Studies Webinar on Sep 27 (Friday), 3 - 4 pm IST (S​hulba Sutras, ancient Indian texts on geometry)

Pankaj Sukanraj Jain पंकज सुकनराज जैन pankajaindia at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 07:22:27 UTC 2024

Esteemed colleagues and friends,
[image: India Centre Webinar_Sep 2024.png]
The India Centre, FLAME University is delighted to share that we will host
the India Series Webinar. The speaker for September 2024 is *Dr. Bhaskar
Kamble*, Data Scientist at SEnerCon GmbH, Berlin.

Dr. Kamble will explore the historical treatment of the *Shulba Sutras*,
ancient Indian texts on geometry, and how key figures like Otto Neugebauer
and Moritz Cantor influenced their narrative in the Western world.

Don’t miss this fascinating dive into the legacy of these important
mathematical texts and their overlooked contributions.

Please find below the relevant information for joining the webinar: