[INDOLOGY] The Idea of Text in Buddhism

Eviatar Shulman eviatar.shulman at mail.huji.ac.il
Sat May 27 10:26:52 UTC 2023

Dear friends and colleagues, and apologies for cross-posting,

I apologize for this belated message, but since I have learned recently of
people who were unaware of this publication, I thought this is a case of
better late than never. I am thus happy to announce the special edition on
"The Idea of Text in Buddhism" I edited in *Journal of Indian Philosophy*,
which was published last year. It includes a list of fascinating
contributions by a number of members of this list, which together
problematize the category of *text *in the study of Buddhism, with an
introduction by Charles Hallisey and myself. The greater focus is on
Indian/Indic Buddhism. Please see the link to the volume here:
https://link.springer.com/journal/10781/volumes-and-issues/50-4.

Best wishes,

Eviatar Shulman

--