[INDOLOGY] Internet Archive at risk?

Geoffrey Samuel SamuelG at cardiff.ac.uk
Fri May 12 22:22:24 UTC 2023

Personally, I use the check-out system at the Internet Archive quite a lot, both for the Pedurma edition and other Tibetan texts not available via the BDRC, and for many other items, either because they are not available through the local library system (I live in Sydney, Australia ) or because it is much faster to check a reference online via Internet Archive. It is very much part of my research method and much valued. It would be a major loss if the case against them is upheld.

And I am in a relatively privileged position regarding library access compared to many scholars, e.g. in South Asia.

Sincerely

Geoffrey Samuel

Sent from my iPhone