[INDOLOGY] Albrecht Wezler († 11 April 2023)

Patrick Olivelle jpo at austin.utexas.edu
Mon May 8 22:22:23 UTC 2023

SO SORRY to hear this sad news. I had numerous contacts with Albrecht; he visited Austin several times, and once stayed at our house. One can truly say that he may have forgotten more things than I every knew. He read my entire translation of the Arthaśāstra and made comments and critique almost at every sūtra, and commented on my Manu edition and translation as it was being developed. I am eternally grateful to Albrecht for his generous help. Rest in peace.

Patrick Olivelle